Michael's Fáilte

Welcome to these writing warmups, blatherings, rantings, meditations, perorations, salutations, latest and those on time, those narrative, declarative, interrogative, gollywogative and other outdated, belated, simulated musings, perusings, shavings and other close calls, with no disrespect intended, that's why no real names included whenever impossible to avoid the guilt that came in the crib for uttering something that would hurt or injure those in authority, being of everlasting servitude to all and sundry, having chosen the road not taken and the frost on the pumpkin long before the kettle turned black or the cat found its own tail fascinating,
Your humble servant, etc.

The island writes in fire and steam each morning on the pages of the sea

The island writes in fire and steam each morning on the pages of the sea
Lava Meets Ocean. Lynx, Starboard Side. Day 2.Early Morning, July 8 2006, Looking for Flashes off Chain of Craters, Big Island

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

SHORTER WITHOUT A NET

SHORTER WITHOUT A NET

You can do it!
That's the voice I want to hear
with me stepping out into space
from the branch of a tree
onto the roof of your house
I know you're in there although
there's no doors or windows
I just need the small voice
to stir me on
all these years thinking trusting
waiting for that permission
to fly slowly by like a comet
give me my mission statement and
three days or so to get off my ass
ah the roof tops
slippery in March
when the cherry blossoms fall it's like
stepping into heaven
with the green leaves in their infant ways
unfolding watching it all go down
it’s touch and go up here on the ridge
smoke curling out of the chimney
somebody's in I know it though there's
no stairs no rooms no furniture only
a space called home and a vibration inside
that sounds like yes
I should have been listening long before now
but this is it
with the fall
all in my mind after all
perspective rushing at me like the ground
still frozen in some back country hollow
that's got my name on it
I should know better
I've played cat to this tune before
landed on all fours keeping my knees
bent my arms outstretched thinking
of Leonardo and the Wright brothers
and our long line of flight attendants
real and imaginary


No comments:

Post a Comment