Michael's Fáilte

Welcome to these writing warmups, blatherings, rantings, meditations, perorations, salutations, latest and those on time, those narrative, declarative, interrogative, gollywogative and other outdated, belated, simulated musings, perusings, shavings and other close calls, with no disrespect intended, that's why no real names included whenever impossible to avoid the guilt that came in the crib for uttering something that would hurt or injure those in authority, being of everlasting servitude to all and sundry, having chosen the road not taken and the frost on the pumpkin long before the kettle turned black or the cat found its own tail fascinating,
Your humble servant, etc.

The island writes in fire and steam each morning on the pages of the sea

The island writes in fire and steam each morning on the pages of the sea
Lava Meets Ocean. Lynx, Starboard Side. Day 2.Early Morning, July 8 2006, Looking for Flashes off Chain of Craters, Big Island

Friday, May 17, 2013

IT GOES LIKE THIS


It goes like this there was weather and people in outfits
crying too and my father hands in trouser pockets his
cuffs belled out over his shoes he was Clark Gable in
-cognito later I would attend college near the famed
actor’s home town unless that was a drunken rumor

this however was fact my own birth I remember it well
the release the lights the rush of air I look back on wet
claustrophobia the little movements when my mother
surrendered her bicycle to the gods of the pavement
those moments were not my style though I am open

to contrary opinions Paddington it was the hospital
not the station subsequent visits to both confirmed
my suspicion it was a grey world entered either way
when my cave turned inside out when her waters broke
and I tumbled helpless in the shallow waves onshore

in view of all but out of reach until I got my drivers
license it was raining that day too with some sun

No comments:

Post a Comment